Before you decide to join us for the group, we would very much appreciate your time in carefully reading this information. This will help us ensure that the group feels like the right fit for you and your family and that we can support you appropriately on the day. Thank you.Download
- This event has passed.
Paediatric Cardiology Virtual Online Parents’ Group: Supporting Children, Young People and Families who are Living with a Heart Condition
- 13th December 2022
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- United Kingdom
ECHO, together with the The Evelina London Paediatric Cardiology Team, host a monthly online group (hosted on Microsoft Teams) for parents and carers who have a child with a heart condition.
The group is a safe space for parents to share experiences and ideas with one another around supporting your child and family’s emotional well-being. You will have an opportunity to know more about supporting your child with their emotions and behaviour, and helping them to cope with their heart condition and treatment. The group is also an opportunity to meet other parents, who have had similar experiences.
- 29th November @ 10am: Understanding and managing anxiety – online
- 13th December @ 10am: Talking to children about their heart condition/treatment – online
- 24th January @ 10am: Promoting positive behaviour – online
- 28th February @ 10am: Supporting siblings – online
- 23rd March @ 10am – 1pm: Supporting Children and Young People with Additional Needs – Part 1 (Please note this is an in person group at Ronald McDonald House)
- 20th April @ 10am – 12.30pm: Supporting Children and Young People with Additional Needs – Part 2 (online Please note you will need to have attended part 1 in order to attend part 2)
- 25th April @ 10am: Coping with long hospital stays and discharge home – online
- 30th May @ 10am (Date TBC): Managing the transition to young adulthood and adult services – online
- 27th June @ 10am – 12pm: Parents’ Group Summertime Tea and Cakes at Ronald McDonald House – in person
These groups will be led by ECHO, Dr Niki Gregg (Clinical Psychologist) and Sherrida Rollins (Cardiac Clinical Nurse Specialist).
All parents/carers of children under the care of an Evelina Consultant Cardiologist are welcome.
This group is for parents and carers only. We appreciate you may need to have children who are not at school or nursery present in the background. This is fine. We just ask that you be mindful of what they may overhear and turn off your camera if you prefer they do not appear on screen.
How to join:
If you would like to attend or would like any further information about the group please email gst-tr.EvelinaCardiologyPsychologyGroups@nhs.net with:
- Your name
- Your child’s name and date of birth
If you have any questions please also email gst-tr.EvelinaCardiologyPsychologyGroups@nhs.net.
This email address should not be used in emergencies. If you have concerns about your own or your young person’s safety, please contact your GP to arrange a same day, emergency appointment or immediately attend A&E or call 999 out of GP hours. Please be aware emails can form part of patient medical records.