- This event has passed.
ECHO Teens Virtual Film Club
One event on 20th February 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 20th March 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 10th April 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 15th May 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 19th June 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 17th July 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 21st August 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 18th September 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 16th October 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 20th November 2021 at 12:00 pm
One event on 18th December 2021 at 12:00 pm
- 16th January 2021
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
- United Kingdom
The ECHO Teens Virtual Film Club is a monthly online group for young people aged 11-17 with congenital heart disease and their siblings.
This youth-led, fun and creative project offers young people an opportunity to meet others, learn new skills, and explore transition and growing up with CHD or as a heart sibling.
Each session is led by the ECHO team, a youth worker and creative professionals, and over each session you will explore different areas of film-making, get your own ECHO Teens Film Club pack sent to you at home, and make your own films – but most importantly, have fun!
Not already an ECHO Teen member? Join now for free and you’ll receive ECHO Teen e-newsletters, information about upcoming events and the latest ECHO Teen news.
About the ECHO Teens Virtual Film Club
Dates: 16 Jan, 20 Feb, 20 March, 10 April, 15 May, 19 June, 17 July, 22 August, 18 September, 16 October, 20 November and 18 December 2021
Time: 12.00 – 12.45
Where: Online, via Zoom
In each session you’ll get to explore your own interests and meet different creative professionals from the creative world, for example sound, audio, photography and art – and we will work towards putting content together for a film touching on transition; the transition from paediatric to adult congenital heart services.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic all of our sessions will be held virtually via the online platform Zoom.
You will get the best experience if you’re able to join on a laptop or desktop, although iPad or tablet will also work – it just means you might not see everyone on the call.
James, a documentary filmmaker and photographer, will be coordinating the ECHO Teens Virtual Film Club sessions over the coming 12 months. He lives in Edinburgh and runs his own film production company. His films have so far been screened by National Geographic and the United Nations.
To join ECHO Teens Virtual Film Club, please:
- Complete the below sign up form
- Read and sign the ECHO Teens Online Safety Agreement
- Read and sign the Media Consent form
Details: (please read before joining a session)
- We will be sending out the meeting link to registered ECHO Teen members prior to the meeting. It is very important that you do not share these details with anybody else to keep the meeting safe and secure.
- We will be operating a virtual waiting room system for the meeting which means we will be admitting you one by one. Please ensure you used your full name in your Zoom username to ensure you are let into the meeting without delay. NB: We reserve the right to refuse admittance if we do not recognise a name or email address that is in the waiting room.
- Please log in at least 10 mins in advance of the session so that we have enough time to let everyone in. You will be added to a breakout room before the session starts so we can start and end on time.
- If you already have Zoom installed, the meeting will open. If you do not have Zoom installed, you will be prompted to download Zoom. You do not need to sign up; you can access our activity as a guest.
- Please note: The team will ask to take a screenshot of the session to share an update on ECHO’s social media, if you would rather not be in a photograph please let an ECHO team member know and feel free to pause your video at that time. Our sessions will be recorded and stored safely.
- As places are limited, if you are no longer able to attend a session please let Emma Orpin know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com in order for your space to be allocated to someone else.
Experiencing issues accessing the session?
If you experience any problems on event day please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The ECHO Teen Club looks forward seeing you and starting work on this exciting project soon!