- This event has passed.
BMXLife’s London Santa Cruise 2018
- 15th December 2018
- 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 020 7998 4710
- House of Vans London
- Arches 228-232, Station Approach Road
London, SE1 8SW United Kingdom + Google Map
On Saturday December 15th BMXLife’s 5th Santa Cruise is taking place to raise money for ECHO – and we can’t wait!
The event began three years ago after Stephane Wright’s son suffered a heart attack and spent time at Evelina London, read the family’s story here. The event has grown from strength to strength – with hundreds of BMXing Santas expected to take part this year, cycling the following route:
Meet at Leake Street (AKA The Graffiti Tunnel) 10.30 leaving at 11 am. Dress Code Santa Outfit-Elf-Snowman-Christmas Tree-Reindeer.
11am Leave Leake Street
4pm Finish at The House Of Vans until 8ish
After the huge success of Santa Cruise 1,2 ,3 & 4 we are all set to do it again. Save the date and join us to raise money for Echo cruising round London City.
The numbers for this event have increased every year due to its massive populartiy. We saw 200 riders on year 1, 300 on year 2, 400 on Year 3 and a whopping 500+ the last one. We are expecting even more this year!
Please share, invite your friends, tag them, add them to the page anyone who has been on this will tell you what an amazing and unique experience this is.
- The first main stop is not far at the regular “Flatland Square” where Pro riders such as James White will be performing a dazzling display of bike control 20 min stop. Leaving there at 12 midday.
- Our ever important visit to Evelina hospital is next. Representatives will deliver sweets and treats into the unit. – 20 min stop. Leaving there at approx 12.35pm.
- After crossing the river on Lambeth Bridge, we will stop for photos at Horseguards Parade. – 5 min stop. Leaving there and heading up The Mall around 1.05pm.
- Soon after that, another fantastic photo opportunity at Buckingham Palace (wonder if She’ll be in?). – 5 min stop. We plan to leave there at 1.15pm and make our way up Constitution Hill.
- We then cross into the park and have a rest stop planned there. It will be a short stop mainly to allow any stragglers to catch up and for others to catch their breath before heading down Oxford Street. – 10 min stop. Leaving Marble Arch at approx 1.45pm.
- The next stop is the MAIN food and drinks stop at the junction of Shaftesbury Avenue and Charing Cross Rd. 3 pubs and plenty of facilities. – 30 min stop leaving at 3.00pm.
- Then it’s a short run down to Trafalgar square for another brilliant photo opportunity. – 10 min stop leaving at around 3.20pm.
- We then roll down Whitehall and across Westminster bridge to get to Southbank. – 20 min stop. Leaving no later than 4.30 to head around the corner to the House of Vans
** Ride safe and please don’t take any risks in and around the traffic. You need to be alert and focused at all times when riding on/crossing over these busy London roads **
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist by cheering the Santas on at different sites across London and helping to shake a bucket or two – if you’d like to help on the day please contact firstname.lastname@example.org